Under general supervision of JCMH’s assigned staff attorney, collects and disseminates knowledge of innovative mental health programs across the 254 counties of Texas by utilizing JCMH’s new virtual Innovations Map repository. The position will assist with the daily functions of the assigned staff attorney, conduct necessary research to meet team goals, and ensure the accuracy of data regarding local mental health programs.
The following duties are NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by contractor, but merely are a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities:
• Research best practices and innovative strategies utilized by Texas counties;
• Update online data portal through coordination with JCMH’s assigned staff attorney;
• Reasonably verify the accuracy of data before adding it to the database;
• Contact county representatives to gather data and verify accuracy of data collected by other sources; and
• Collaborate with the assigned staff attorney and other JCMH staff to develop continuous data gathering and dissemination procedures and processes.
The ideal contractor will have the following knowledge and skills:
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills;
• Knowledge and proficiency in the use of zoom, email, and web research;
• Be self-motivated and a flexible team player with a positive attitude;
• Strong data organization skills and proficient level of editing and proof-reading skills;
• Comfort with interacting with individuals via phone, email, or virtual conferencing;
• Ability to learn and comprehend the use of the Sequential Intercept Model and how it is applied to the intersection of mental health and the criminal justice system;
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual is a plus;
• Enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in a college or university with a focus on social work, criminal justice, law, or public health is a plus;
• Must be 18 years or older and authorized to work in the United States.
Contractors will receive payment equivalent to a minimum of $15/hour. Contract period begins on or after September 1, 2022. The contract time-period and weekly hours of work are flexible.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com, subject “JCMH Contract for Innovation Map” no later than August 19, 2022.
See pdf/printable job description here.